Leveling Kit On 2014 Ram | goHEMI

Leveling Kit On 2014 Ram

Discussion in 'Dodge Ram Chassis Mods' started by Barry Rolland, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Barry Rolland

Barry Rolland New Member

My HEMI:
    2014 Ram 1500
    I added a leveling kit to my truck a few months ago. I hate the strafe look and always do this. The truck looks so much different and better. I get lots of compliments. Some other Ram owners ask what did I do to make mine look so different. If you've never done it, I recommend it.

2. MADDOG

MADDOG New Member

My HEMI:
    2006 Chrysler SRT8
    I just added a 2" level kit to my 2500 and it certainly does make a difference!

Barry Rolland likes this.
  3. Vin57

Vin57 New Member

My HEMI:
    09 Challenger R/T
    I've been wanting to this for awhile, I like the look better.
    Does it have any effect on handling? , with or without a load in the box or if your hauling a trailer?

4. turrminator

turrminator New Member

My HEMI:
    2014 Ram Sport
    Same here, I would love to do this as well.I have a buddy who works at a dealership and the owner stopped offering warranty on the trucks that had the aftermarket leveling kits installed, at the dealer, due to front end issues. They would only install and warranty the mopar leveling kit, which is way more costly than the leveling kit i can get at a local parts store, so im wondering if there are different kinds of kits, i would love to do this, and add the fender flares... I like that look.

5. turrminator

turrminator New Member

My HEMI:
    2014 Ram Sport
    Here is my truck (stock) and a buddys with a 2.5 lift kit, it does make a nice look tmp_4267-liftkit2103329940.jpg

6. Barry Rolland

Barry Rolland New Member

My HEMI:
    2014 Ram 1500
    No difference in handling at all. I pull a 21' Ranger Bass boat without any issues. The only thing you'll need to do is get an alignment immediately after leveling the truck. I also had to adjust my headlights because they were bothersome to other drivers

Vin57 likes this.
  7. Barry Rolland

Barry Rolland New Member

My HEMI:
    2014 Ram 1500
    Mine is NOT a lift kit. It's a leveling g kit that raises only the front of the truck. I'll post a pic later.

8. turrminator

turrminator New Member

My HEMI:
    2014 Ram Sport
    Sorry, the pic is of a leveling kit...not lift

9. MADDOG

MADDOG New Member

My HEMI:
    2006 Chrysler SRT8
    Absolutely no issue with handling on mine. There are several things to consider when putting a level kit or a lift on the 4th generation trucks:

1. If you have a 1500 and go more than 2.0 - 2.5", you run the risk of popping out the upper control arms (UCA).
    2. With a 2500 radius arm front suspension there is no problem going more than 2.0 - 2.5" with respects to the UCA, however, stock front shocks will be at risk. A kit that relocates the lower shock mounting bracket is preferred.
    3. 2500 trucks with the self leveling rear air suspension can't be lifted in the rear unless you plan on removing the air suspension system and replacing it with the traditional rear suspension.

10. Tritan Hemi

Tritan Hemi New Member

My HEMI:
    Ram Murdered Out Crw
    What brand leveling kit did you use? Do you know what is the biggest size tire you are able to use with that kit. I am looking to put some 35x20's or bigger if I can! thanks for any feed back.

11. Barry Rolland

Barry Rolland New Member

My HEMI:
    2014 Ram 1500
    2.5” front leveling kit From Summit Performance. It's made of billeted aircraft aluminum and is very strong. I paid less than $40 for the kit and had the body shop where my son works do the install and the wheel alignment. The entire project cost under $200

12. Barry Rolland

Barry Rolland New Member

My HEMI:
    2014 Ram 1500
    Forgot to add that I'm not sure of the largest diameter wheel/tire size that can be used after this kit is installed. A tire shop can probably give you an idea or you can probably find the info online somewhere...

13. Scott Ralston

Scott Ralston New Member

My HEMI:
    2015 Ram 1500 5.7
    there is a law passed in 1975 that the burden of proof is upon the dealer to prove any modifications caused a problem .they have to honor the warranty its a way of trying to force you to buy from them .I installed Bilstein 5100 leveling struts which are fine .You get 2.5 inches of lift. Have done other mods also I hae a 2015 Ram 1500 4x4.

14. Barry Rolland

Barry Rolland New Member

My HEMI:
    2014 Ram 1500
    truck side a.JPG truck side.JPG Here are pics of my 2014 Ram Big Horn with the leveling kit installed. I apologize that there aren't any before/after pics to compare. But you can see that she's very level and looking good!

15. Barry Rolland

Barry Rolland New Member

My HEMI:
    2014 Ram 1500
    I've also added some tinted windows to match the factory tint on the rear doors and back window as well as some new front Windshield tint from Suntek called their CPX 80 which adds 40% heat rejection thru the front windshield even though it's mostly clear without any tint coloring to it. The guy who did the tint also added a Tint Brow to the windshield which is somewhat visible in the pic across the top of the windshield. I added the Nerf Steps a few weeks ago after watching my Mother in Law struggle with trying to get in the back seat....Oh, how funny that was! Love her though...

My next purchase will be a Dash Camera with dual lens's. I'm on the road a ton of the time towing a boat across country as I fish professionally. I see a lot of things that just make you scratch your head... A dash camera would be a cool thing to have IMO...

16. Scott Ralston

Scott Ralston New Member

My HEMI:
    2015 Ram 1500 5.7
    I used Bilstein 5100 leveling struts which are adjustable from 0 -2 3/4 " makes it sweet . I had the other type on my 2010 and it looked good but with the struts there's no problems and the dealer can't say a word because its a strut replacement. I'll have to post pics of my red Beast I am setting it up to show. Not done yet but, there's not another one around like it in 4 counties here. Waiting on BKK to make the 90 mm throttle body for the 2015 5.7 Hemi. Interior Led's .Ram sill plates with Leds I added .under body lights .led bed lights, smoked 3rd light and taillights and will have full tube headers with single exhaust each side for true duals,with 6" black tips out back . It will have a programmer also because of the mods and to gain more performance. The Ram 1500's are bad girls except for the MDS which the programmer will eliminate. Note : when changing wheels and tires for the 2014 and 2015 Rams they a totally diff TPMS then any other year found this out the hard way.

17. Scott Ralston

Scott Ralston New Member

My HEMI:
    2015 Ram 1500 5.7
    forgot ,you can put 36 inch tires under the truck with the 2 1/2 inch leveling that about the max

18. Barry Rolland

Barry Rolland New Member

My HEMI:
    2014 Ram 1500

I'd love to see the photos but will wait patiently!

19. turrminator

turrminator New Member

My HEMI:
    2014 Ram Sport
    Nice lookin truck!

20. Barry Rolland

Barry Rolland New Member

My HEMI:
    2014 Ram 1500
    Thank you!