1. Welcome to GoHEMI.com, your HEMI Resource! Please register to view the entire site, and participate!

Front And Rear Strut Bar Braces

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger Chassis Mods' started by TJGS, Apr 29, 2015.

1. TJGS

TJGS New Member

My HEMI:
    2009 Challenger R/T
    I have been asked many times if these braces are really necessary and do they work. I will relate my own personal experience and you can judge for yourself.

Before installing any braces I found three banked curves and pushed them to the limit to see how fast I could take them. I installed the front brace and to my surprise, the car stayed straight and level like a slot car and I was able to take the curves 15 to 18 MPH more than with out the brace. I am talking tire squeel and slippage.

On one curve I actually felt the rear end "move and twist" slightly so it was then I installed the rear brace. No more moving and twisting it worked. To tell the truth, I never pushed the curves any further because I did not know if I would just slide or roll when losing it all together.

If you like taking curves they are great ! I Iost many ricers on curves and seeing the look on their face was priceless. As far as straight up drag racing I don't really see much benefit if any at all.

ITNinjaGirl, jkelly16 and Vin57 like this.
  2. Vin57

Vin57 New Member

My HEMI:
    09 Challenger R/T
    I agree Tom, straight they have no effect , but in the curves big difference.You don't notice the braces unless you drive aggressively, thats what they are designed for.

I've had a few ricers and some trucks stay right on me going into off ramps and I just step on it going through it and they just can't keep up. They eventually catch up and some will give the thumbs up one guy actually mouthed "wow".

Up here in the mountains there are roads with lots of twisties and this puts the braces in there element, so much fun to drive them knowing the car will hold, they allow you to be more aggressive safely, of course all within your limits and abilities.

ITNinjaGirl and TJGS like this.
  3. ITNinjaGirl

ITNinjaGirl New Member

My HEMI:
    2015 Scat Pack
    I agree - my experiences with the front brace are the same. I am saving up for a rear brace because there are some turns where I do feel the back end sliding out a bit...

4. Bad Nanner

Bad Nanner New Member Site Supporter!

My HEMI:
    5.7 / Inertia 400 cu
    I have a favorite cloverleaf freeway entrance that when I'm the first at the light I like to push it through the corner. After I did the Razors Edge strut tower brace I was able to gain .2 Gs in the corner.

Vin57 likes this.