1. Welcome to GoHEMI.com, your HEMI Resource! Please register to view the entire site, and participate!

Exhaust Brand Question

Discussion in '5.7L HEMI Exhaust' started by Trish, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Trish

Trish New Member

My HEMI:
    Chrysler 300
    Model Year:
    Trim Lvl?:
    300c Hemi
    Transmission?:
    5-spd Automatic
    I'm planning on starting my mods as soon as Spring arrives & one thing I plan to do is the exhaust. I like the SLP Loudmouth II & Magnaflow, but I don't know if I should replace just the mid-mufflers with one of these brands or do a cat-back system? Any advice or opinions would be appreciated!

2. Trax

Trax New Member

My HEMI:
    Charger pursuit
    Model Year:
    Trim Lvl?:
    Pursuit/RT
    Transmission?:
    5spd auto
    Hi Trish. I'm new to this forum, but bought my first charger (a 1970) in 72.
    If you plan on keeping the charger for a looong time, the cat-back is best. If you just want to get a more aggressive sound (and possible gains in exhaust scavanging..) I would recommend something like flowmasters super 44's...2.5" offset inlet and 2 .5" center outlet, basically the same as flowmaster super 40 but a in smaller Casing. They Are 4"x9.75"x13", with the overall length of 19"(pipe end To pipe end.) Leave the resonators and there would be less drone. Flowmaster 44 are about 93 Bucks each, and Claim to be stainless. This setup would have improved rumble at idle...no too loud at cruise..but roar at throttle-up. Cat-back runs from mid $700 to some costing $1600, the flowmasters maybe $300-$350.