1. Welcome to GoHEMI.com, your HEMI Resource! Please register to view the entire site, and participate!

6.4 Supercharger

Discussion in '6.4L HEMI Supercharging' started by DormanSRT8, Apr 12, 2016.

1. DormanSRT8

DormanSRT8 New Member

My HEMI:
    2013 Charger SRT8
    Hi. New to this forum. I have a 2013 6.4 charger srt8 and I want to supercharge it. Do I have to install forged internals or am I good to go with stock internals. Reading through kenne belles page it seems like they recommend not changing out the normal bolt ons because the stock bolt ons are super efficient and already set up for good power. All opinions and recommendations appreciated.

2. jkelly16

jkelly16 Driving the Dream! Moderator

My HEMI:
    '09 Challenger R/T
    Only issues I've heard are about the ring landing not being stout enough. You will probably need to limit the amount of boost. I don't have a SRT and not looked into this so I'm going from memory. Your best bet is to contact someone like Modern Muscle or Arrington and ask them since they deal with this all the time.

3. DormanSRT8

DormanSRT8 New Member

My HEMI:
    2013 Charger SRT8
    Thanks for the response. I have read a bit about that too. Some saying that if you stay around 6psi boost you should be ok with stock internals but above 6 the rings are higher than in most pistons and they have the potential for failure. A friend of mine was saying that forged internals in an otherwise stock motor will eventually tear up the cylinders leading to a shorter life on the motor. I want power but not at the cost of a car that won't last. I'm hoping that a supercharger at 6 psi will give me the power I'm looking for while still maintaining longevity.